Thursday, June 7, 2012

Fiction Book List Part 1

I've recently discovered something about myself. I am a non-fiction snob. For some reason I thought that because I read alot of theology books that I was somehow "more spiritual." Foolish, I know. So in the last few weeks I have had my eyes opened to the beauty of older, classic fiction. My reading list has just gotten longer and I am excited to read some of these older books that I have somehow ignored. The following are a few of those books that are on my soon-to-be-read list.




A book about rabbits doesn't sound very appealing, but a hip-hop artist recently made an entire album based on this book. It intrigued me so I checked it out. There is even a freaky looking trailer on youtube of the cartoon movie from the 70s.



and




I'm familiar with the Lord of the Rings movies and I've always known about the books, they just have never appealed to me. Now, for some reason I am anxious to try them out in hopes that I get to experience what all the hype is about.






I remeber this one from school but I never read it. It seems to always pop-up in people's favorite books of all time lists.





Yep, another Young Adult book. And yep, another book that I never read growing up. I've got some catching-up to do.


These are just a few of my latest fiction picks. Hopefully, I can update the list as I read these. have you read these? What did you think? Anything else I should add?



1 comment:

  1. Well, I have officially read all of the books on this list. Strangely enough, Watership Down might be my favorite book I've ever read.

    ReplyDelete